How to get there
Depending on your location you can reach Budapest by bus, train or airplane.
The airport is located about 30 minutes car/bus/taxi ride from the city center (where the venue and hotel is).
Bus ticket from the airport is 900 HUF (2,5 EUR). Taxi about 9000 HUF (27 EUR) (traditional ones or Bolt – Uber does not operate in Hungary).
Flights and accommodation
TechSoup covers all costs of travel, accommodation and meals during the event.
The working sessions will take place on the 12-13th of November. The 11th of November is reserved for travel. For the return flights – some will leave on the 13th but most will leave on the 14th. We cover all 3 nights of participants’ stay (11-14th).
Hungary is a member of the European Union and Schengen Area.
For participants coming from outside Schengen, a visa is required.
Code of Conduct
MEGAPHONE 2019 is an open event for activists from Central Eastern Europe and Central Asia whose aim is to understand and better respond to the process of shrinking civic spaces.
The rules enlisted below apply for any and all conference venues, including sessions, workshops, after parties etc. and social media.
We would like to all participants, sessions leaders, donors, volunteers and us – organizers to follow the below mentioned rules:
- Act fairly, honestly, and in good faith with other participants;
- Listen actively (especially if you have the loudest voice);
- Engage in conversations which challenge your world views;
- Act with integrity and respect even when you disagree;
- Facilitate transparency and openness as much as possible;
- Assist in creating a welcoming and respectful environment, by following instructions from our staff and volunteers;
- Respect the privacy rights of participants that attend MEGAPHONE 2019, irrespective of nationality, gender, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs (or lack thereof), disability, age, or sexual orientation, physical appearance, body size or technology choices everyone has the right to be free from harassment.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated [harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion, technology choices, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention];
- Any harassing or disrespectful behavior, comments, messages, images or interactions by any participant will not be tolerated;
- You should report any unusual or inappropriate activity directly to one of our staff or to the contact below;
- MEGAPHONE 2019 organizers reserve the right to revoke the attendance privileges of any offending individual or party and determine on what basis this decision is made.
Code of Conduct and Anti-Harassment Policy Response Process.
When there has been an incident or breach of this code, the MEGAPHONE 2019 team will confidentially review and respond to any participant who has experienced harassment, inappropriate behavior, or a violation of the code of conduct. The final decision on any disciplinary action will be made by a TechSoup Board and communicated to those involved.
Please contact us at email@example.com contact Maja Durlik (firstname.lastname@example.org) or +48 501126426.
Thanks to ePaństwo Personal Democracy Forum CEE for letting us use their Code of Conduct as an inspiration.